Australian, The – SHANE Lymer got wind of banner preparations for his milestone game, and he shut them down pretty quickly.
- “It all felt like a normal week until I went to training and a few of the boys made a big deal about it,” Lymer said.
- In just his third season, Lymer played in his first senior grand final, losing to Thomson in 2008.
- Once footy finishes in 2018, Lymer will pack up the boots and unpack his cricket kit.
- “I’m lucky that my brother (Mick Lymer) coaches at Bell Park and he understands that at the pointy end of footy season I’m not going to be around for pre-season at cricket and Brad Martin’s understanding of my cricket commitments in March.”
- In the twilight of his career, Lymer admits his footy days are coming to an end.