AAP Australian General News – EDS:For pictures please call AAP Image Desk on +61 2 9322 8709 or visit the website at photos.
- Big-hitting Victorian batsman Cameron White found himself on the outer of the Australian team for several years before a shock call-up last summer.
- After showing stellar BBL form with the bat for the Melbourne Renegades, the 35-year-old replaced injured slogger Chris Lynn as part of Australia’s ODI squad to face England in January.
- In 2002, White captained the under-19 Australia side to an ICC World Cup title in New Zealand as the tournament’s leading run scorer.
- But poor form at the 2011 ICC World Cup conspired to cost him his middle-order spot before he was sensationally axed as T20 skipper in 2012, almost exactly 12 months after accepting the role.
- White became the most decorated Sheffield Shield skipper in history in 2017, taking his tally of wins as Victorian captain to 38 as his side won a third straight five-day final.