Hindustan Times – A youth’s dreams of becoming a doctor like his father were shattered in a brawl in a game of cricket in Kota.
- Police said Atul Singh, 17, of Uttar Pradesh’s Mau, was stabbed to death by a local resident who was drunk following a dispute during the game on Saturday.
- Singh was playing cricket with his fellow coaching students and friends in Onkareshwar public park of Mahaveer Nagar III area, where Bhati joined them.
- Mahaveer Nagar police station sub-inspector Ramswaroop Meena said Bhati, a school dropout, was arrested on Sunday and booked for murder.
- Singh’s cousin Saurabh Singh said the murdered youth’s father Ramharsh Singh, is a doctor in Mau and his cousin wanted to follow in his footsteps.
- Paying guest facility owner Vishal Verma said that Singh was a bright student who got the All India Rank of 20000 in the National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test (NEET) in 2017 but did not take admission in any medical college and returned to his house in Mau.