Gulf News – Indian skipper Virat Kohli has had issues with his back and the selectors will be wary of it when deciding the team.
- Indian skipper Virat Kohli has had issues with his back and the selectors will be wary of it when deciding the team.
- Mumbai: India skipper Virat Kohli’s workload will be in focus along with the middle-order slots when the national selection committee picks the squad for the Asia Cup cricket tournament on Saturday.
- However, the skipper has had issues with his back and with another six Test matches lined up in the next three months (two vs West Indies and four vs Australia), the selectors will be cautious while monitoring Kohli’s workload.
- The selectors will also find it difficult to ignore Mayank Agarwal’s rightful claim to a place in the side after scoring truckloads of runs for Karnataka and India A.
- He has been a stupendous success across formats but with Dhawan, Rohit and Rahul as openers, it will be difficult for the selectors to slot Agarwal unless they decide to rest Dhawan.