The Sun – UK – ALASTAIR COOK has decided to call time on his 12-year England career.
- ALASTAIR COOK has decided to call time on his 12-year England career.
- It means the 33-year-old opener and veteran of 160 Tests will have more time to spend with his wife Alice.
- Alice is set to have the couple’s third child during the fifth and final Test against India at the Oval, after which ex-England skipper Cook will retire from international cricket.
- A third child is due in or around the first Test with India at The Oval.
- When Cook was thinking of resigning as England captain in 2014 she was the one who talked him round.