Hindu – Prithvi Shaw plays a shot on day 1 of the first Test against West Indies in Rajkot on October 4, 2018.
- Prithvi Shaw plays a shot on day 1 of the first Test against West Indies in Rajkot on October 4, 2018.
- At 18 years 329 days, Shaw showed that he always had the game to match the unbelievable hype that had surrounded him from the time he was a four-feet boy trying to jostle with the middle-aged uncles in order to get inside the early morning train from Virar to Bandra.
- Every year, Mumbai waits for its ‘next Sachin Tendulkar’ but once the 11-year-old started making waves, they got their ‘first Prithvi Shaw’“I remember when I first saw Prithvi as a nine-year-old.
- He was a special talent,” Makrand Waingankar, a veteran cricket analyst, who had considerable influence on Shaw in his formative years, said.
- “The option of failing is nullified,” said Prashant Shetty, the man who was Shaw’s coach at the MIG Cricket Academy (Bandra).