DNA – Its that time of the year.
- According to The Indian Express, the members of CoA will have a meeting with the team management led by skipper Virat Kohli, vice-captain Ajinkya Rahane, head coach Ravi Shastri and chief of selection panel, MSK Prasad.
- The two-day meet will take place in Hyderabad before the start of the second Test of the series against West Indies.
- The CoA has taken note of the Indian teams performance this year, specially overseas and communicated to the head coach that performances in the series at England were unacceptable.
- Virat Kohli-led Team India had a dismal overseas Test outing in England despite head coach Ravi Shastri terming his bunch of players as the best travelling side than their predecessors over the past 15-20 years.
- India lost the three-Test series in South Africa 2-1 and went on to lose the five-match Test series in England 1-4.