The Age – Loading
“People think because of my relaxed nature …
- “I’ve worked my absolute backside off for the last 10 years and really worked as hard as I can in different conditions like this and in England and other places.
- Khawaja also scored a determined 85 in the first innings, combining with Aaron Finch for a 137-run opening partnership.
- All up, Khawaja spent almost 13 hours at the crease with temperatures in the high 30s.
- Concerns about Khawaja’s ability to handle turning tracks meant he was overlooked during last year’s Test series in India and dropped after one Test in Bangladesh.
- Former Test wicketkeeper Ian Healy branded him “lazy” during last year’s Ashes – a label that Khawaja showed to be folly with his magnificent effort in Dubai which was lauded by Pakistan skipper Sarfraz Ahmed.