Indian Express – By:
PTI | Hyderabad | Updated: October 13, 2018 5:54:15 Rishabh Pant and Ajinkya Rahane stood unbeaten at stumps.
- (Source: AP)Rishabh Pant’s audacious stroke-play complemented Ajinkya Rahane’s patient approach as India reached 308 for four against West Indies on the second day of the second cricket Test on Saturday.
- India are now only three runs short of West Indies’ first innings total of 311.
- While young Pant celebrated his ODI call-up with a second Test half-century, an attractive unbeaten 85 off 120 balls, vice-captain Rahane slogged hard to remain undefeated on 75 off 174 balls.
- Rahane, on Indian sub-continent, has had problem facing spinners during last home season and here Pant was taking the spinners on most of the time while Rahane was seen more comfortable facing Gabriel for a lengthy period of time.
- Earlier, West Indies added only 16 runs to their overnight total but Roston Chase (106, 189 balls) however deservedly completed his fourth Test hundred before the innings wrapped up.