News – Cricket: Sarfraz Ahmed’s team have taken out the second Test by 373 runs.
- AUSSIE legend Shane Warne says only four players from the Aussie team that crashed to a series defeat against Pakistan are safe for the first test of the Aussie summer.
- Pakistan’s victory, after Australia were set a 538-run target, allowed the home side to wrap up the two-match series 1-0 after Australia fought back to draw the first Test in Dubai last week.
- With star batsman Usman Khawaja to see a surgeon back in Australia surrounding his knee injury and uncertain to be fit for the Aussie summer, Warne posted on Twitter on Friday night that opener Aaron Finch is the only batsman who is certain to play in the First Test against India, beginning December 6 in Adelaide.
- Underrated and seemingly forgotten in Australia’s preparations, Abbas had the last laugh when he claimed top honours in Pakistan’s Test series victory in the UAE.
- A relative newcomer to Pakistan’s Test side, Abbas — who has now taken 59 wickets at 15.64 — was the best-performed bowler when Pakistan toured England earlier this year.