News – Cricket: England have claimed victory in their fourth ODI against Sri Lanka through the Duckworth Lewis method.
- ALLEGATIONS of spot-fixing by top-level cricketers have been dismissed by Cricket Australia and the England and Wales Cricket Board’s Integrity Team.
- The Al Jazeera television network said it had uncovered evidence of corruption in international cricket, including “a small group” of England players in seven matches between 2010 and 2012 and unnamed Australia players in five matches.
- “Cricket Australia takes a zero-tolerance approach against anyone trying to compromise the integrity of the game, and to suggest anything otherwise is unsubstantiated and incorrect,” said CA CEO James Sutherland in a statement.
- “Prior to the broadcast of Al Jazeera’s documentary, Cricket Australia’s Integrity Unit conducted a review of the latest claims by Al Jazeera, from a known criminal source, and, from the limited information provided by Al Jazeera, our team have not identified any issues of corruption by any current or former player, including in relation to Big Bash League matches.
- “Australian cricket is proactive with its sports integrity management and Cricket Australia’s Integrity Unit oversees and maintains the integrity of all domestic cricket in Australia, including BBL and WBBL matches.