Metro – Ben Stokes agrees with England head coach Trevor Bayliss that he may be forced to manage his workload to avoid injury.
- Ben Stokes agrees with England head coach Trevor Bayliss that he may be forced to manage his workload to avoid injury.
- After Stokes encountered a number of injury problems during England’s final one-day international against Sri Lanka, Bayliss warned the all-rounder not to overexert himself.
- Following the series, which ended 3-1 in England’s favour, Bayliss said of Stokes: ‘I think he is slowly starting to realise he may not be able to go 100 per cent every single time and train smarter.
- Stokes has returned to the England team in all three formats having missed last winter’s Ashes series and a Test against India after being arrested following a late-night incident in Bristol.
- While he was found not guilty of affray earlier in the year, Stokes will still face a cricket discipline commission hearing in December, charged with bringing the game into disrepute.