ForeignAffairs.co.nz – The first ever T20 international cricket match held at the upgraded Metricon Stadium on the Gold Coast is tipped to generate more than $1.
- The first ever T20 international cricket match held at the upgraded Metricon Stadium on the Gold Coast is tipped to generate more than $1.5 million for the Gold Coast.
- “For the first time, fans will get to see world-class cricket on the Gold Coast all thanks to the government’s investment in Metricon Stadium ahead of the 2018 Commonwealth Games,” said Tourism Industry Development Minister Kate Jones.
- The Queensland Government partnered with Cricket Australia, Queensland Cricket, the Gold Coast SUNS and the City of Gold Coast to upgrade Metricon Stadium.
- “With three Big Bash League matches and a T20 International being held at Metricon Stadium this summer, fans on the Gold Coast are going to witness cricket of the highest quality.
- “A lot of hard work has gone into preparing the stadium for cricket, and we would like to thank the Queensland Government, the City of Gold Coast, the Gold Coast Suns and Cricket Australia for their dedication in bringing these games to the Gold Coast.”