Rediff – IMAGE: India captain Virat Kohli and Australia captain Aaron Finch pose with the T20 Trophy on the eve of the first T20 in Brisbane on Tuesday.
- The mess that Australian cricket has found itself in, both on and off the field, has made India firm favourites in the compelling rivalry’s latest battle, which begins with a T20 International series in Brisbane on Wednesday.
- On Tuesday, Cricket Australia ruled out reducing the bans of Steve Smith, David Warner and Cameron Bancroft in reply to a plea submission from the Australian Cricketers’ Association (ACA).
- All eyes will be on how the Aaron Finch-led Australian side deals with the best batsman in world cricket at the moment as India captain returns to the squad.
- While there are calls from all quarters for Australian cricket to keep a check on aggression and play the game in right spirit, Kohli has always garnered attention whenever he has visited Australia.
- Starting off with the aggressive shortest format is Australia’s best bet to upset India’s plans for this summer of cricket, wherein unlike their prior trips here, the visitors are already considered the better side in all departments.