Australian, The – IT was a century nine years in the making.
- Combining with Hayden Butterworth for a club record 262-run second-wicket stand, he said he could not have asked for a better return to first XI cricket.
- “I feel like I’ve been hitting the ball well the last few weeks and it was nice to get in a big partnership with ‘H’ and score my first century for the club.
- “He was unbelievable,” Reid said of Butterworth.
- Butterworth said he and Reid had a clear plan when they came together at 1-16 — set a platform.
- When Reid raised both arms as he moved into triple figures, Butterworth said it was emotional.