Daily Nation – BRIDGETOWN – Leeward Islands Hurricanes, with a slender four-run first innings lead, were eight for one in their second innings at lunch on the third day of their first round day-night pink ball match in the Regional 4-Day Cricket Championship at 3Ws Oval here Saturday.
- After dismissing Barbados Pride for 248 in 113.2 overs, in reply to their total of 252, the Hurricanes lost opener Rajendra Chandrika for a duck in the first over of their second innings from pacer Miguel Cummins.
- Earlier, Barbados Pride, resuming from 197 for six overnight after play started 25 minutes late because of rain, Barbados slipped to 218 for nine, losing the wickets of Hayden Walsh (9), Tevyn Walcott (21) and Cummins (1).
- But tailenders, Keon Harding (15) and Chemar Holder (19 not out) then added 30 valuable runs for the last wicket.
- Fast bowler Alzarri Joseph removed both Walsh and Walcott to finish with four for 48 in 25 overs while left-arm pacer Sheldon Cottrell ended with three for 48 in 15 overs.
- (EZS)Barbados Pride 248 in 113.2 overs (Jonathan Carter 63, Anthony Alleyne 36, Tevyn Walcott 21, Aaron Jones 20, Justin Greaves 19, Chemar Holder 19 not out; Alzarri Joseph 4-48, Sheldon Cottrell 3-48).