Times of India – CHENNAI: B Indrajith has had a tough initiation to his tenure as Tamil Nadu captain in the Ranji Trophy .
- While he began with a century against Madhya Pradesh in the first match which ended in a draw, his next three outings had been unusually quiet and the team’s results too were far from ideal given the qualification scenario for the quarterfinals.
- Opener Jalaj Saxena (12) was the lone man dismissed in Kerala’s second innings, succumbing to left-arm pacer T Natarajan once again.
- After taking the only remaining Kerala first-innings wicket in the second over of the day to bundle them out for 152, TN were in a hugely advantageous position with a lead of 116 runs.
- M Shahrukh Khan (34), too, fell in the same over, giving Joseph his fourth wicket and prompting TN to call for the declaration.
- So, there is enough for the bowlers,” Indrajith said.