Fox Sports Australia – And there’s serious question marks over India’s long tail.
- Shaun Marsh has been bashed from pillar to post for a run of meagre scores at Test level, failing to surpass 10 in his six most recent innings prior to this one.
- It was the 13th time Lyon has taken five or more wickets in one innings of a Test match.
- Indeed, Australia’s run rate 49 overs into the second innings (2.29) is the slowest in a home Test match since 1994, when Allan Border’s men fell six runs short of the Proteas at the SCG where they struck at just 2.03 runs per over.
- Pujara closed his till at Adelaide Oval with 194 runs to his name, pairing a first innings 123 with a second innings 71.
- In the 471 balls he faced in the 2014-15 Border-Gavaskar series, Australia’s bowlers got the better of him six times, bowled twice and caught behind three of the four other times as he struggled to come to grips with Australia’s pacy, bouncy wickets.