Yahoo7 News Australia – Virat Kohli has been left with egg on his face after an arrogant sledge towards Tim Paine was revealed.
- Kohli and Paine have been involved in a verbal battle over the last two days in Perth, with the rival skippers first exchanging words late on Day 3.
- Paine could be heard on stump microphones telling Nathan Lyon to pitch the ball in the rough in an attempt to spin it sharply back at Kohli.
- This cheeky sledge from Paine to Murali Vijay – picked up on stump mic – summed up Australia’s dislike for Kohli.
- In a bizarre moment early on Day 4, Kohli squared up to Paine chest-to-chest while the Australian was completing a run, and stump microphones picked up umpire Chris Gaffaney demanding the two behave themselves.
- An increasingly fired-up Kohli pleaded his case to square-leg umpire Kumar Dharmasena as Paine and Usman Khawaja continued to extend Australia’s second-innings lead.