Hindu – Earlier this month, Ravindra Jadeja turned 30.
- Jadeja is the ICC’s fifth best bowler in the world — the highest-ranked in the current series in Australia — and the No.
- At the same stage, India’s greatest all-rounder Kapil Dev had 30 wickets fewer and about 200 runs more as a batsman than Jadeja.
- At the domestic level, Jadeja’s three first class triple centuries are seen as a comment on the Ranji Trophy bowling rather than a tribute to his batting.
- As India won 10 of 13 home Tests from September 2016, Jadeja’s contribution was significant: 71 wickets at 22.83 and 556 runs at 42.76.
- In 2017, Jadeja was the No.