Fox Sports Australia – The most vulgar abuse during the second Test came from the mouth of India veteran Ishant Sharma and was directed at teammate Ravindra Jadeja.
- The most vulgar abuse during the second Test came from the mouth of India veteran Ishant Sharma and was directed at teammate Ravindra Jadeja.
- Jadeja, nicknamed ‘Rockstar’ by Rajasthan teammate Shane Warne during the inaugural Indian Premier League season because of his immense confidence, is a fiery customer who had a verbal stoush with Matthew Wade during last year’s Test series in India.
- The International Cricket Council announced a raft of changes to the sport’s code of conduct earlier this year as part of a crackdown on bad behaviour, notably agreeing that broadcasters should be allowed to use stump-mic audio at any time in games.
- There were a couple of tense moments in the match, including when Paine and Kohli went chest to chest and prompted a stern rebuke from umpires, but the match referee didn’t level any charges.
- Jadeja was controversially left out of the tourists’ XI for the second Test despite Ravichandran Ashwin’s injury, with the tourists opting for a four-prong pace attack.