Sporting News – Shaun Marsh’s international career arguably spells out more misses than hits.
- As Australia prepares to concede a Test series defeat to India for the first time in its history, Marsh has been one player to fall by the wayside.
- In response to India’s 7/622d, Australia’s first innings in Sydney teetered to a whimper as the hosts were dismissed for 300, still 322 runs behind.
- MORE: Waugh, Hussey want Shaun Marsh in England | Coulter-Nile frustrated with communication over ODI snubHaving scored 183 runs at 26.
- For senior player Marsh, though, the drought goes beyond this series – and in carrying the burden in the absences of Steve Smith and David Warner, the failures have hurt the team tenfold.
- Having all but sewn up a spot in Australia’s World Cup squad, Marsh will be hoping the upcoming three-match ODI series against India can catapult him back into form across all formats.