Sport 24 – Cape Town – Cricket South Africa (CSA) have today announced that uncapped Matthew Montgomery will captain the Coca-Cola South Africa under-19s in their tour to India from 16 February to 12 March 2019.
- Cape Town – Cricket South Africa (CSA) have today announced that uncapped Matthew Montgomery will captain the Coca-Cola South Africa under-19s in their tour to India from 16 February to 12 March 2019.
- Convenor of selectors, Victor Mpitsang is pleased with the squad that has been chosen and believes the panel have taken a major step in the right direction as they look ahead to the 2020 ICC U19 World Cup which will be hosted by South Africa.
- “We have some exciting young players like the new captain Montgomery whom we believe will do well working with experienced campaigners such as Andile Mogakane, Gerald Coetzee and Kgaudise Molefe who all have World Cup experience after participating in last year’s tournament in New Zealand.
- “The vast majority of the players selected qualify to represent South Africa in the World Cup next year, so them getting as much game time as possible as we draw closer to the tournament is of vital importance while we still look at all of our selection options.
- South Africa under-19 squadMatthew Montgomery (captain, Dolphins), Luke Beaufort (Warriors), Jonathan Bird (Cape Cobras), Achille Cloete (Cape Cobras), Gerald Coetzee (Knights), Marco Jansen (Highveld Lions), Thamsanqa Khumalo (Dolphins), Bonga Makaka (Cape Cobras), Andile Mogakane (Dolphins), Kgaudise Molefe (Highveld Lions), Lifa Ntanzi (Dolphins), Bryce Parsons (Highveld Lions), Siya Plaatjie (Cape Cobras), Ruan Terblanche (Cape Cobras), Nonelela Yikha (Warriors).