News International – Suspended Sarfraz under scrutiny ahead of World Cup
KARACHI: Back in the summer of 2017, things were looking set for Sarfraz Ahmed.Under his command, Pakistan team’s stock was rising in the T20 International format.
- But today (Tuesday) when the Pakistan captain returns home unceremoniously, things seem to have fallen apart for Sarfraz.
- The ICC announced that in addition to the four-match suspension, Sarfraz will also have to undergo an education programme relating to the offence.Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) was quick to express its disappointment over ICC’s decision.
- “The PCB notes the ICC decision on Sarfraz Ahmed with its utmost disappointment,” the Board said in a statement.
- “PCB had anticipated that the matter had been resolved amicably between the two players and the two boards following Sarfraz Ahmed’s public apologies which were accepted by the player, the board and South Africa cricket team.
- This doesn’t augur well for Sarfraz, who is looking forward to leading Pakistan in a World Cup for the first time, this summer.