Mercury (Hobart, Australia) – VICTORIAN opener Marcus Harris got a “well done” message from Australian coach Justin Langer after his matchwinning knock of 174 last week.
- VICTORIAN opener Marcus Harris got a “well done” message from Australian coach Justin Langer after his matchwinning knock of 174 last week.
- Langer, in India with the one-day team, couldn’t have been happier with the performance of not just Test incumbent Harris, but also Kurtis Patterson, who scored 134 for NSW, also in a big win.
- Cameron Bancroft, back in the Ashes conversation after just one first-class match following his nine-month ban, also drew praise from Langer for his 621-ball stay, across two innings, for West Australia.
- “Really proud of Cameron Bancroft, the way he went about his business to bat so long, as I was for Marcus Harris to go and have a matchwinning innings.”
- But like Bancroft, Langer wasn’t being sold on one-off performances and said more runs not only helped individuals, but was crucial to make Australian cricket strong again.