AAP Australian Sports – Justin Langer is still losing sleep as he attempts to whittle Australia’s World Cup squad down to 15 players.
- Justin Langer is still losing sleep as he attempts to whittle Australia’s World Cup squad down to 15 players.
- Australia’s 3-2 ODI series victory over India has made coach Langer and chairman of selectors Trevor Hohns’ job all the more difficult as they consider who should make way for Steve Smith and David Warner.
- “I sat down in my bed last night and I tried to go through my journal, (write down) possible World Cup sides, Australia A sides and Ashes sides,” Langer said prior to the squad’s flight from Delhi to Dubai.
- Australia start another five-match series, against Pakistan in the UAE, on March 22 that will serve as the final selection trial for the World Cup.
- Langer praised the incumbent 15-man squad, which became the first Australian outfit to battle back from 2-0 down to win a five-match ODI series, for not thinking about World Cup selection.