Fox Sports Australia – Sports teams over the past 24 hours have expressed their condolences after the incident, which claimed the lives of at least 49 people.
- Two of Super Rugby’s fiercest rivals showed some things are bigger than sport by coming together before their Friday night clash, before Australia’s NBA star Ben Simmons joined in with a heartfelt message of his own.
- Ahead of the Philadelphia 76ers’ game against the Sacramento Kings, cameras captured Simmons’ Nike Hyperdunks with a message on the side reading “Pray for NZ”.
- Simmons joins a longlist of past NBA players to use their respective shoes to inscribe messages of support for those around the world.
- The cricket world was closely affected by the events in New Zealand with a close call for the Bangladesh cricket team, who were set to attend the mosque the shooter targeted before shots were fired.
- New Zealand Cricket CEO David White confirmed the third test, which was set to start at Christchurch’s Hagley Oval, has been called off as a result of the attack.