Daily Mail UK – The ambition may sound ludicrous, but when Jos Buttler says he wants to breathe the same rarefied air as Virat Kohli, his eyes tell you he isn’t kidding.
- A few weeks after a destructive 150 off 77 balls against West Indies in Grenada, Buttler is busy preparing for the year of his life – the IPL, the World Cup, the Ashes.
- If Buttler really can emulate India’s captain, England will be in prime position to lift their first 50-over World Cup.
- First, though, Buttler heads for India and the Rajasthan Royals, who are fast becoming the English cricketer’s IPL franchise of choice.
- Expectations are high: it was at last year’s IPL that Buttler made his break for the big time, hitting five successive half-centuries and elbowing his way into the Test team.
- I think it would be great to have him, and I’m happy he’s in my team at the IPL,’ said Buttler.