Right Vision News (Pakistan) – Pakistan, March 19 — President Dr Arif Alvi on Saturday stressed the need to enjoy moments of happiness through sports in the global environment marred by varied phobias along with anarchism and terrorism.
- Addressing a reception hosted by Sindh Governor Imran Ismail here in the honour of the finalist teams of Pakistan Super League (PSL-4), he said it ought to be a collective responsibility of all to revive international cricket in the country.
- President Alvi expressed his optimism that as committed by Prime Minister Imran Khan, next year all the PSL matches would be played on home grounds.
- President Alvi also congratulated Pakistan Cricket Board President Ehsan Mani and his team for successfully organizing the much cherished event that had been looked forward for years by game lovers finally provided with an opportunity to watch the matches alive.
- The Sindh governor thanked President Alvi for gracing the occasion without any prior schedule, which, he said, showed that how much the game of cricket was loved by the people of Pakistan.
- “Ours is a cricket loving nation,” he said, recalling the year 1992 when Pakistan clinched the World Cup under the captainship of Imran Khan.