Outlook – Now, it’s Pakistan’s turn to suspend the telecast of Indian sports leagues.
- Days after DSport had suspended the broadcast of Pakistan Super League (PSL), Pakistan have now responded by suspending the broadcast of IPL in the country.
- “During the PSL, the way the Indian companies and the government treated Pakistan cricket after that, we can’t tolerate that IPL is shown in Pakistan,” Pakistan’s I&B minister Fawad Chaudhry told ARY News.
- The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) had urged the International Cricket Council (ICC) to take action against the Indian cricket team for sporting camouflage caps during an ODI in a five-match series against Australia.
- “We tried to keep politics and cricket apart but then the Indian cricket team played matches wearing army caps against Australia and there was no action taken against it,” the minister said.
- “I feel if IPL is not shown in Pakistan, it will be a loss for IPL and Indian cricket.