India Today – Australia’s top four batsmen all posted half-centuries as they beat Pakistan by 20 runs to complete a 5-0 one-day series whitewash in Dubai on Sunday.
- Australia’s top four batsmen all posted half-centuries as they beat Pakistan by 20 runs to complete a 5-0 one-day series whitewash in Dubai on Sunday.
- Glenn Maxwell, meanwhile, celebrated his 100th one-day international with an impressive 33-ball 70, Shaun Marsh scored 68-ball 61 and captain Aaron Finch made 69-ball 53 to put Australia in control at halfway stage.
- Khawaja and Finch laid the foundations with a solid 134-run opening stand but it was Maxwell’s 10 fours and three sixes that helped Australia to 107 runs in the last 10 overs.
- Pakistan lost opener Abid Ali, who scored a century on debut in the last match, for a golden duck in the first over but Shan Masood and Haris Sohail got the run chase on track with a steady partnership of 108 for the second wicket.
- Leg-spinner Adam Zampa celebrated his 27th birthday by trapping Masood (50) leg-before to give Australia a crucial breakthrough, before Maxwell’s off-spin removed Mohammad Rizwan for 12.