24.com – Sydney – Steve
Smith and David Warner completed their remarkable comeback from the
ball-tampering scandal that rocked cricket when they were on Monday
selected in defending champion Australia’s Cricket World Cup squad.
- Sydney – Steve Smith and David Warner completed their remarkable comeback from the ball-tampering scandal that rocked cricket when they were on Monday selected in defending champion Australia’s Cricket World Cup squad.
- The decision for Langer now is whether to retain that combination when the 50-over World Cup begins at the end of next month or move one of them down to make way for Warner, who traditionally opens the batting.
- As with the batsmen, Australia’s selectors faced a bowling conundrum as they target a record sixth World Cup triumph.
- Hazlewood and Handscomb were instead named in both Australia’s one-day A squad, which will play games in England while the World Cup is on, and their four-day A squad to face English county sides in the build-up to the Ashes.
- Australia World Cup squad:Aaron Finch (captain), Usman Khawaja, David Warner, Steve Smith, Shaun Marsh, Glenn Maxwell, Marcus Stoinis, Alex Carey, Pat Cummins, Mitchell Starc, Jhye Richardson, Nathan Coulter-Nile, Jason Behrendorff, Nathan Lyon, Adam ZampaAustralia one-day ‘A’ squad:Travis Head (captain), Matthew Wade, Will Pucovski, Peter Handscomb, Ashton Turner, Mitch Marsh, D’Arcy Short, Kurtis Patterson, Ashton Agar, Michael Neser, James Pattinson, Josh Hazlewood, Kane Richardson, Sean AbbottAustralia four-day ‘A’ squad:Tim Paine (captain), Marcus Harris, Kurtis Patterson, Will Pucovski, Travis Head, Peter Handscomb, Matthew Wade, Mitch Marsh, Michael Neser, Jon Holland, James Pattinson, Jackson Bird, Josh Hazlewood, Chris Tremain