Mercury (Hobart, Australia) – TRYING to blast England out with sheer pace could lead to Australia’s downfall, warns Tasmanian bowler Jackson Bird.
- TRYING to blast England out with sheer pace could lead to Australia’s downfall, warns Tasmanian bowler Jackson Bird.
- Bird was selected in the Australia A squad to tour England in the lead-up to the Ashes, with the Test squad to be announced not until after the final three A four-day tour games.
- “I think so, especially playing county cricket over in England, there are so many bowlers over there who bowl under 130km/h and still get a lot of wickets because they hit the same line and length every ball and make the batsmen play,” Bird said.
- At 32 and having played nine Tests previously, Bird thought his time in the Australian colours was up.
- “This time 12 months ago I thought I was done playing for Australia so to get the opportunity to put my name forward again and potentially be a part of an Ashes series is pretty exciting,” Bird said.