Khaleej Times (United Arab Emirates) – Kings XI Punjab’s KL Rahul plays a shot during the IPL match against Rajasthan Royals.
- – AFPInspired by KL Rahul’s patient knock of 52 runs and backed by skipper Ravichandran Ashwin’s all-round show, Kings XI Punjab defeated Rajasthan Royals by 12 runs in the Indian Premier League cricket match on Tuesday.
- The duo amassed 19 runs off Sodhi’s over, his last, with Rahul smoking a massive six over deep square leg and Miller thumping one over long-off.
- The two batsmen piled up 20 runs in the next over with Rahul hitting an inside-out shot over cover for a six and a four off Unadkat, and Miller disposing a full-toss over deep midwicket.
- In the next over, Archer dismissed Miller on a no-ball before Rahul sent one across the mid-off area to complete his fifty in 45 balls.
- ROYALS LOSE Kings XI Punjab K Rahul c Archer b Unadkat 52 C Gayle c Samson b Archer 30 M Agarwal c Archer b Sodhi 26 D Miller c Buttler b Kulkarni 40 N Pooran c Rahane b Archer 5 M Singh b Archer 0 R Ashwin not out 17 Mujeeb Ur Rahman not out 0 Extras: (b 8, lb 2, nb 1, w 1) 12 Total: (6 wkts, Overs: 20) 182 Fall: 1-38, 2-67, 3-152, 4-163, 5-164, 6-164 Bowling: D Kulkarni 4-0-37-1; J Unadkat 4-0-48-1; J Archer 4-0-15-3; I Sodhi 4-0-41-1; S Gopal 4-0-31-0 Rajasthan Royals R Tripathi c Agarwal b R Ashwin 50 J Buttler c Pooran b A Singh 23 S Samson b R Ashwin 27 A Rahane c Shami b A Singh 26 A Turner c Miller b M Ashwin 0 J Archer c Rahul b M Shami 1 S Binny not out 31 S Gopal c Agarwal b M Shami 0 J Unadkat not out 0 Extras (lb1, w9) 10 Total (for 8 wickets, 20 overs) 168 Fall: 1-38, 2-97, 3-127, 4-131, 5-133, 6-148, 7-160 Bowling: Arshdeep Singh 4-0-43-2; Mujeeb Ur Rahman 3-0-24-0; M Ashwin 4-0-24-1; R Ashwin 4-0-24-2; Mohammed Shami 4-0-44-2; Mandeep Singh 1-0-8-0.