News International – Foakes helps England recover to beat Ireland
DUBLIN: Ben Foakes’ unbeaten 61 on his debut helped England recover from a top-order collapse to beat Ireland by four wickets in a lone One-Day International in Dublin on Friday.
- Foakes helps England recover to beat IrelandDUBLIN: Ben Foakes’ unbeaten 61 on his debut helped England recover from a top-order collapse to beat Ireland by four wickets in a lone One-Day International in Dublin on Friday.
- England were now 101 for six against an Ireland side who have not qualified for the World Cup.
- David Willey helped staunch the flow of wickets before he holed out to long log off Little, who finished with fine figures of four for 45Earlier, Liam Plunkett took four for 35 in an Ireland innings where paceman Jofra Archer marked his England debut with a wicket.
- Score BoardTOSS: ENGLANDIRELAND INNINGSPorterfield c Foakes b Plunkett 17Stirling c Archer b Curran 33Balbirnie st Foakes b Denly 29Tucker c Morgan b Plunkett 7O’Brien c Denly b Curran 4Wilson c Root b Rashid 8Dockrell c Morgan b Plunkett 24Adair b Archer 32Murtagh c Foakes b Plunkett 12Little b Curran 9Rankin not out 5Extras (B-4, LB-7, W-7) 18Total (All out, 43.
- ENGLAND INNINGSVince c Dockrell b Little 18Malan c Wilson b Little 24Root lbw b Murtagh 7Morgan c Wilson b Little 0Denly c O’Brien b Rankin 8Foakes not out 61Willey c Adair b Little 20Curran not out 47Extras (B-5, W-8, NB-1) 14Total (6 wkts, 42 overs) 199Fall of wickets: 1-34, 2-41, 3-46, 4-62, 5-66, 6-101.