Fox Sports Australia – CA has released its 2019-20 international schedule, with a notable two-month gap between men’s matches at home.
- CA’s preference was to hold the trans-Tasman ODI series in January but, its hand forced by India, has since made BBL player availability a priority.
- Get your 14 day free trial >Australia’s three-match tour of India, initially expected to run until late January, is set to start earlier and it means Steve Smith and other superstars could be back in the BBL for the Australia Day long weekend.
- We want to make sure that the BBL finals is an appropriate crescendo,” CA executive and former BBL boss Anthony Everard said.
- CA made the women’s T20 World Cup, which hopes to attract a sold-out crowd to the MCG final on March 8, a priority in scheduling but that event doesn’t start until February 21.
- The pressure was already on the BBL to deliver, in terms of crowd sizes and TV numbers, after a season that prompted criticism from pundits, players, broadcasters and fans.