Telegraph – Calcutta, India – Mumbai Indians ride high after unprecedented success
Mumbai Indians captain Rohit Sharma lavished praises on Lasith Malinga and was all for experience before the final over of IPL XII’s decider was bowled.
- Mumbai Indians ride high after unprecedented successMumbai Indians captain Rohit Sharma lavished praises on Lasith Malinga and was all for experience before the final over of IPL XII’s decider was bowled.
- Chennai Super Kings required nine for victory and the title, but the senior Sri Lanka speedster bowled a superb final over, taking a wicket off the last ball that helped Mumbai Indians win by one run and secure their fourth IPL title.
- Rohit, also India’s limited-overs vice-captain, even became the first player to win five IPL titles with one of them coming with the defunct Deccan Chargers back in 2009.
- Recalling that final over, Rohit said he was well aware of Shardul Thakur’s range of shots as he wanted Malinga to bowl a slower delivery, which turned out to be a masterstroke.
- Having played a first-class cricket for Mumbai with Shardul, Rohit knew how to bring about the player’s downfall.