Adgully (India) – Entertainment One (eOne) today unveils details of its expansion in India with the launch of new categories which are set to deepen the brand’s retail penetration in the market.
- Alongside a growing consumer products programme, in association with Viacom18 Consumer Products, the brand’s first touring stage show and a marketing initiative to tie-in with the Cricket World Cup will accelerate consumer engagement across India throughout 2019.
- Peppa Pig’s master licensee in India- Viacom18 Consumer Products, has recently signed new partners to the licensing programme that will mark the brand’s first entry in the personal care and confectionery categories and further broaden retail distribution for the property in supermarkets and hypermarkets.
- Existing categories will also be boosted by partners including Funskool which is adding new Peppa Pig puzzles to its range from July and Penguin Random House India which will launch Hindi publishing titles in Q3 2019 bringing a wide range of Peppa Pig books to a Hindi speaking audience for the first time.
- The brand’s growing retail presence will be anchored by the launch of the Peppa Pig Live touring stage show, in association with Viacom18 Consumer Products in India, which will premiere to audiences in six major cities including Bangalore, Hyderabad, Chennai, Mumbai, Delhi, Pune, bringing the brand to life for families across India in an unforgettable theatrical production.
- “We have seen demand for Peppa Pig build steadily since the show launched in India in 2016 and we’re delighted to be adding new partners and expanded product lines that will further increase its retail footprint,” said eOne’s Ami Dieckman, Senior Vice President, Licensing – International, at Family & Brands.