Himalayan Times – Kathmandu, June 1: Tribhuvan Army Club earned the semi-finals berth of Expert Prime Minister Cup One Day Cricket Tournament despite a 50-run loss at the hands of Nepal Police Club here at the TU Stadium today.
- With six points from four matches, TAC lead the Group B table on better run rate (1.75) after being tied with NPC, who registered their third straight victory beating their departmental rivals.
- Province-2, who thrashed Province-1 by 161 runs at Mulpani in the day’s another match, have four points.
- In a low-scoring match at the TU Stadium, NPC were bowled out for 161 runs in 48.4 overs before they defended the total packing TAC for 111 runs in 42.3 overs.
- Skipper Manjeet Shrestha top scored for NPC with an unbeaten 36 off 62 balls that included three boundaries and a six, while Aarif Sheikh scored 54-ball 34 hitting two fours.
- Minash Thapa top scored for Province-1 with 36 off 35 balls that included three boundaries and two sixes, while Sunny Pun struck two fours and a six in his 48-ball 29.