Daily Times – Pakistan – Pakistan, June 3 — He had a relatively short run up.
- Akram’s first wicket in Tests was that of John Wright, who was caught by Saleem Malik while playing at 66.
- He took two wickets on his Test debut, the other wicket was of Ian Smith, who was caught by Javed Miandad.
- Akram became only the fourth bowler in the history of ODI cricket to achieve a hat-trick and the first to do it twice.
- Nine years after his second ODI hat-trick, Akram took three consecutive wickets against Sri Lanka during the third match of the Asian Test Championship at Lahore’s Gaddafi Stadium (March 4 to 8, 1999).
- Akram has 414 wickets in Tests and 502 in ODIs.