DNA – India captain Virat Kohli began his pre-match press conference ahead of the teams first game of the ICC Cricket World Cup 2019 with a smile.
- India captain Virat Kohli began his pre-match press conference ahead of the teams first game of the ICC Cricket World Cup 2019 with a smile.
- Then, Kohli got back to seriousness as he assessed Indias opponents for game eight of the World Cup, South Africa.
- Look, injuries are a part of the game and these things can be predicted and Im sure any team that gets hit with injuries is never a good thing, but still South Africa is a very talented, a very dangerous side on their day and even with the replacements, they will be a very strong side, said Kohli.
- According to Kohli, for India to play their World Cup opener a week into the tournament South Africa, England, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Pakistan and Afghanistan have all played two matches was not a problem.
- In regards to Indias team combination for the match against South Africa, Kohli remained tight-lipped but took confidence from how Kedar Jadhav has come along in the nets.