The Guardian – 7.57am EDT
New Zealand have won the last three ODIs between these two, but they were all games in New Zealand in February.
- 7.57am EDT07:57New Zealand have won the last three ODIs between these two, but they were all games in New Zealand in February.
- It’s slightly difficult to get out of the mindset that Bangladesh are underdogs whoever they play, particularly against a team like South Africa, but their convincing victory at the Oval on Saturday wasn’t really a particular shock.
- Again, they are a side routinely underestimated, pegged as dark horses in basically every tournament they enter, despite being runners-up last time and getting to the semi-final in six previous editions of the tournament.
- Might this be Bangladesh’s last chance of doing something serious at a World Cup for a while, though?
- The players that have been the core of their team for a decade and more are all now in their 30s – Tamim Iqbal is 30, Mushfiqur Rahim is 31, Shakib-al-Hasan is 32, Mahmudullah is 33, Mashrafe Mortaza is 35.