Telegraph – Calcutta, India – The insignia is visible on MS Dhoni’s glove.
- The insignia is visible on MS Dhoni’s glove.
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni sporting an Army insignia on his gloves during the India-South Africa clash was well appreciated by fans on Twitter but the International Cricket Council (ICC) on Thursday requested the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) to have it removed, saying it was against its regulations.
- The Balidaan Badge or the Army insignia was spotted on Dhoni’s gloves as TV replays showed him stumping Andile Phehlukwayo in the 40th over of the innings bowled by Yuzvendra Chahal.
- While there is a possibility that Dhoni may have worn these gloves with the dagger insignia earlier too, it did get a lot of attention on social media this time with fans loving his unique way of paying tribute to the Armed forces.
- One fan wrote: “Salute respect to MS Dhoni who printed insignia of ‘Balidan’ on his wicket keeping gloves.”