Free Press Journal (India) – Rs 1.36 lakh, other equipment seized
Indore: City crime branch arrested four men on Sunday night who ran a betting racket for cricket world cup matches.
- Rs 1.36 lakh, other equipment seizedIndore: City crime branch arrested four men on Sunday night who ran a betting racket for cricket world cup matches.
- A sum of Rs 1.36 lakh and other equipment used in betting were recovered from the accused and they were booked.
- Additional Superintendent of Police (crime) Amarendra Singh said on directives of Senior Superintendent of Police Ruchi Vardhan Mishra, a team was formed to keep an eye on people who indulged in betting in the city.
- Accused identified as Kamal alias Rajkamal Jain, a resident of 60 Feet Road in Dwarkapuri area, Harsh Chouhan of Sector-C in Dwarkapuri, Ankush and other were arrested by the crime branch.
- A sum of Rs 1.36 lakh, a LED TV set, top box, laptop, charger, calculator, nine mobile phones, account book and other documents were recovered from the spot.