Business Standard – Emphasising on the importance of dot balls in limited overs cricket, is delighted that the hard work he has put in to become accurate is starting to pay off.
- Cummins is increasingly looking like the workhorse of this Australian team, plugging away with the wickets while others hog the headlines.
- The right-arm has bowled the most number of dot balls in the ongoing and the two bowlers that follow him are also from — and”That’s the big improvement in my game in the last couple of years, the ability to hold a length and make it difficult to get runs,” Cummins said after Australia’s 41-run against on Wednesday.
- An eighth-wicket stand between Sarfaraz and Wahab Riaz, who scored 45 from just 39 balls, made it nervy for the defending champions until the last three wickets fell for just two runs – securing a third victory at”It goes to show that everyone can bat these days.
- We gave them a bit too much width and suddenly they were back in the game, it’s a good lesson to learn,” Cummins said.
- Cummins and his strike partner Starc have 18 wickets between them in the tournament while the rest of the team have a combined 12.