Sporting News – Virat Kohli wants India to forget about the opposition and instead focus on their own game as they prepare to face rivals Pakistan on Sunday.
- Virat Kohli wants India to forget about the opposition and instead focus on their own game as they prepare to face rivals Pakistan on Sunday.
- Kohli knows an expectant audience, both inside the venue and back home in India, will be watching on, yet called for his players to keep their minds on the job at hand, rather than get carried away by the occasion.
- “But the players obviously have to maintain the mindset we have for years approaching any kind of game, whether it’s India v Pakistan, India v Australia, India v England or South Africa, whoever it is.
- India fielded the same XI in impressive victories over South Africa and Australia but will have to make at least one change this weekend.
- “We can’t be rigid in our approach because if the conditions are very different from what we played in the last game, then we’ll have to think of different combinations, which areas to strengthen when it comes to the bowling attack.