Australian, The – SOUTHERN Districts’ rise and rise as a district cricket power continued yesterday when it beat bottom side Nightcliff by eight wickets.
- Fast men Josh Clarkson and Pat Gallow grabbed three wickets each for the Greens, who were never seriously challenged after an early Village batting collapse.
- A bad run out when two batsmen were left at the same end did not help the Village cause, while slow medium Josh Neill sealed the win by grabbing two late wickets in his first stint at the bowling crease for PINT.
- Greens skipper Tim Garner was pleased to get the win after his bowlers worked hard on the lifeless Marrara wicket to remove nine batsmen.
- “Fortunately for us they (Village) threw their wickets away when they looked set, where our bats went on with it the previous week,” he said.
- Palmerston’s spin bowlers restricted Darwin to 199 at Cazaly’s Oval, spin twins Hamish Martin and Alex Bleakley grabbing three wickets each.Trent Keep’s 51 was the best of the Darwin bats on a day when patience was needed.