New Age – Bangladesh – Bangladesh batsman Sakib al Hasan plays a shot during their ICC World Cup match against West Indies at The County Ground in Taunton on Monday.
- Bangladesh batsman Sakib al Hasan plays a shot during their ICC World Cup match against West Indies at The County Ground in Taunton on Monday.
- — Reuters photoSakib al Hasan did not have any century in the last two years but he now got two in two matches and that too in a tournament like World Cup, which cemented his status as Bangladesh’s finest ever cricketer further.
- After hitting an unbeaten 124 off 99 balls against West Indies on Monday, which catapulted Bangladesh to a seven-wicket win, Sakib said he did not do anything differently in recent days that could bring a different outcome.
- I didn’t get enough overs to bat on many occasions, I think batting at number three gives me more time in the innings,’ said Sakib.
- Unlike the past three matches, the pressure was high on Bangladesh as they had to win the game against West Indies at any cost if they were to stay relevant in the tournament.