New Zealand Herald – Five talking points from the Black Caps’ four-wicket win over South Africa at the Cricket World Cup.
- Five talking points from the Black Caps’ four-wicket win over South Africa at the Cricket World Cup.
- Colin de ‘Coroner’ Grandhomme: Back in Birmingham, where he played for the Bears in the past two Twenty20 leagues, a small pack of Kiwis were chanting his name.
- De Grandhomme, dubbed the ‘Coroner’ for his usual, minimal batting requirements at the death, turned game-changer with 60 from 47 balls before mis-hitting and leaving the skipper to ice the game.
- As a senior leader, he will be disappointed not to front thus far in the two tense wins over Bangladesh and South Africa.
- Read more:Match report: Black Caps beat South Africa in dramatic finishNapier: Kane Williamson’s heroics against South Africa were great, but World Cup dream still some way off Williamson What more can you say about the man.