Telegraph – Calcutta, India – David Warner feels “just so grateful” to be playing for Australia, as he continues to add to his tally of runs in this World Cup.
- David Warner feels “just so grateful” to be playing for Australia, as he continues to add to his tally of runs in this World Cup.
- Warner’s international career came to a sudden halt and there was widespread speculation as well that he might never play for Australia again for his role in the ball-tampering scandal in Cape Town last year.
- But having completed the one-year ban, Warner has been able to make a very good comeback for the national team, being one of the main characters behind Australia’s consistent showing in the ongoing World Cup.
- Warner received solid support in century stands from Australia captain Aaron Finch (53) and Usman Khawaja (89), with his skipper advising him to keep going early on.
- Warner’s 16th ODI century saw him equal Australia great Adam Gilchrist’s tally of hundreds in this format.